Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-02-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Could Andrew Simmonds be in trouble again (Cricket)

Was watching the cricket earlier when Andrew Simmonds made 151 runs then got out, Great batting but when he was going up into the stands there was this big guy that looked like he wanted to give Simmonds a bear hug,just as the guy started get close, Simmonds shoved hes bat into his gut,You could see the guy reaction to it and his face change too what was that for, so Im sure I won't be the only person that picked it up.
Just wondering if that guy is now in the Aussie box drinking free beer and a fully signed Australian cricket kit or will we read about it in the papers tomorrow?

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

the last thing anybody would want as you are walking up to the dressing rooms is some big guy coming up to give you a bear hug. a pat on the back or something would be suitable i mean cmon, the guys just had an awesome innings, just let him get to the dressing room and relaxed first.
Old 13-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
the last thing anybody would want as you are walking up to the dressing rooms is some big guy coming up to give you a bear hug. a pat on the back or something would be suitable i mean cmon, the guys just had an awesome innings, just let him get to the dressing room and relaxed first.
Maybe you didnt see Ricky ponting actually stop and talk with his fans when he got out. People come to see their fans perform, Roy could have taken the time to acknowledge his fans. Great batting, poor PR.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #4
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im sure that symonds felt a little threatened and reacted accordingly..if some big drunken guy came up to me with his arms out sluring and shouting id shove a bat in his guts and tell him to step back..
Old 12-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Both your coments are fair enough if you wern't on TV and playing on the Australian cricket team.
the guy wasn't trying to hurt him.
Its more about being hung out to dry by the media as we all know if your high profile you are a target for any actions that could be untoward.
Also leaves Symonds open to a law suit.
Just wondering what the fall out will be?
I hope nothing comes of it.
Symonds is the best cricketer in the world at the moment

Old 12-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
BLKFPV
true blue from "The BOG"

we saw it on the idiot box and actually put a bit of a dampener on his great effort out on the field ..... seemed like a genuine guy wanting to congratulate Roy ... a poke with a bat in the gut was maybe a little over protective of Roy's personal space ... just looked ordinary .. channel 9 must have thought the same as the highlights have skipped that bit

maybe the guy was drunk but he paid for his ticket ...part of which went in Roy's pocket

great game .... was the first game rigged ?? :hihi:

".... where having a FORD is all that matters"

not a 10sec car but a 2008 Bathurst 12 hour Race Car

(03) 9720 4448
to email click here
www.thebog.com.au

11/176 Canterbury Road BAYSWATER
BLKFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKFPV
we saw it on the idiot box and actually put a bit of a dampener on his great effort out on the field ..... seemed like a genuine guy wanting to congratulate Roy ... a poke with a bat in the gut was maybe a little over protective of Roy's personal space ... just looked ordinary .. channel 9 must have thought the same as the highlights have skipped that bit

maybe the guy was drunk but he paid for his ticket ...part of which went in Roy's pocket

great game .... was the first game rigged ?? :hihi:
Yes I noticed that there was a of shock from the comentators when it happened but they said nothing about it they just stopped breifly then went on like it didn't happen.
I was also going to make a coment on rigging of games but that would start a endless war wouldn't it.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I seen it after scoring 151 he wont be in trouble, man of the match.....some tool that has to many drinks needs to keep his hands to himself....

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79XD351.4v
Was watching the cricket earlier when Andrew Simmonds made 151 runs then got out, Great batting but when he was going up into the stands there was this big guy that looked like he wanted to give Simmonds a bear hug,just as the guy started get close, Simmonds shoved hes bat into his gut,You could see the guy reaction to it and his face change too what was that for, so Im sure I won't be the only person that picked it up.
Just wondering if that guy is now in the Aussie box drinking free beer and a fully signed Australian cricket kit or will we read about it in the papers tomorrow?
I dont think Roy should have shoved his bat in the Guys chest but then again the big guy shouldnt have tried to hug him. Lets call it even stevens.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did we also miss the crowd controller doing something as well..not to mention that the blokes hand struck Roy on the face...get real he did what any of us would do in the same scene...think about it.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 12:26 AM   #11
BLKFPV
true blue from "The BOG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Did we also miss the crowd controller doing something as well..not to mention that the blokes hand struck Roy on the face...get real he did what any of us would do in the same scene...think about it.
actually I did miss the guy striking Roy's face .... no replays :
I did notice the security bloke taking over after Roy cued the guy in the chest with the bat....

Quote:
Well if more ppl gave more attention the the english launguage and grammar.....
: :

(03) 9720 4448
to email click here
www.thebog.com.au

Old 12-02-2006, 11:03 PM   #12
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

I thought it was the "minder" who shoved the guy back before Roy was even near him? But if the security guys are telling you to move back to let them through, it's best to listen and obey! Making trouble really won't offer you any benefits.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #13
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mr Sparkle..I agree......and I will add that it's Symonds not simmonds.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 12-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #14
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mr Sparkle..I agree......and I will add that it's Symonds not simmonds.
you will notice I rectified the spelling in latter posts :
Seem so many people want to point out simple errors rather than reading a post and giving a valuable answer or point
Grow up
:

Old 12-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #15
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79XD351.4v
you will notice I rectified the spelling in latter posts :
Seem so many people want to point out simple errors rather than reading a post and giving a valuable answer or point
Grow up
:
Well if more ppl gave more attention the the english launguage and grammar and spelling etc instead of just typing willy nilly then maybe I would'nt have to correct such errors....its almost as bad as sms...which reminds me the literacy and numeracy skills of the upcoming generation leave a lot to be desired.

No wonder the country is going downhill with....grow up...when you do sunshine and take constructive correction and critisism on the chin...then and only then will I consider you worthy.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 13-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #16
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well if more ppl gave more attention the the english launguage and grammar and spelling etc instead of just typing willy nilly then maybe I would'nt have to correct such errors....its almost as bad as sms...which reminds me the literacy and numeracy skills of the upcoming generation leave a lot to be desired.

No wonder the country is going downhill with....grow up...when you do sunshine and take constructive correction and critisism on the chin...then and only then will I consider you worthy.
stick that in your pipe and smoke it... :evil_laug
Old 13-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #17
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes doing security work I worked at the ANZ stadium and Lang Park for a few footy matches in Brisbane on the gate and near the tunnel and sorry to say the only way to treat a drunken yobbo is to man handle him in the way of a quick push back and be in his face and that does settle them down - to be nice is not an option in a split second decision.
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 04:20 AM   #18
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:

people
language
wouldn't
criticism
just to be a smart ИИИИ
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 02:26 AM   #19
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
people
language
wouldn't
criticism
just to be a smart ИИИИ
Thats a good point
What chance do the younger generation have if they are around this sort of grammer and spelling by there peers such as John : :

Old 13-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #20
gozza

Quote:

so you think your better than someone based on spelling.
jump off your tower......lets hope its a high one
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #21
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Ah yes, those damn ppl, killing the english launguage. When one sees fit to fling mud over such matters, one should proof read that post at least, or else they're going to come across a little silly.
Old 13-02-2006, 09:13 AM   #22
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kapn Kiwi..gwigybo...thanks for pointing that out, very remiss of me to not proof read and correct.

At least I try to do it properly and its not very often I get it totally correct.

However I shall endeavor to do better in future and if I do miss something please feel free to jump on me.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 13-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #23
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roy is not superhuman he just put on a very tiring innings (both physical and mental) and the last thing he would want is someone hassling him. He looked tired and just wanted a 5min break before having to field. Bad PR? I don't think so, maybe people need to realise he can't make everyone happy. He did his job, acknowledged the crowd, what more do you want him to do? Give the guy a break. I think that fan was lucky it was just a tap with the bat.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #24
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
Roy is not superhuman he just put on a very tiring innings (both physical and mental) and the last thing he would want is someone hassling him. He looked tired and just wanted a 5min break before having to field.
Couldn't say it better.

He came in at 3/10, about the fifth over. He batted almost the entire innings and then he still had to field and bowl for another 50 overs. I wouldn't want some d**khead wanting to hug me after that, bloody hell.
Old 13-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #25
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
Couldn't say it better.

He came in at 3/10, about the fifth over. He batted almost the entire innings and then he still had to field and bowl for another 50 overs. I wouldn't want some d**khead wanting to hug me after that, bloody hell.
I agree with all the above, plus I dont doubt this guy had good intentions but how does Roy know that? Plus if one can do it then others would try it......... Maybe I should go and buy tickets to the womens beach volley ball........

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #26
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Yes, he did say he was stuffed and didn't want to be hugged . just wanted to get in and relax etc...
Old 13-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #27
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also saw it but dont remember even seeing the guy actually step out into the aisle, I don't think he laid a hand on Symonds but without a replay I can't be sure. I have seen players bat all day in 40 degree heat without shoving an over excited fan with their bat, I think it was uncalled for, that's what the security guard is there for. It dampened the moment for me and slightly tarnished my opinion of him as a person. Oh well, a few more runs from him and I will be over it.
Old 13-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #28
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

The secon half of this article give Symonds explination. I can agree as it is tyring what what he done.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/vbse...ry/236838.html
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #29
BLKFPV
true blue from "The BOG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
The secon half of this article give Symonds explination. I can agree as it is tyring what what he done.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/vbse...ry/236838.html

yep ... fair enough explanation

as Davocol said ...
Quote:
Oh well, a few more runs from him and I will be over it.

(03) 9720 4448
to email click here
www.thebog.com.au

Old 13-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #30
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Saw the "replay" tonight and I missed the bit with Roy himself. Can't blame him and I don't see what the fuss is all about. If you act like a turkey then expect to get grilled.