Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-01-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Monza Engine Overhaul 700 HP !(pics)

As you can see from the crap pictures i took with a poor quality camera, the Monza has no longer an engine in it..
The engine is on its way to one of, if not the most respected man in Drag racing in Victoria George Haddad Race Cars...
The Car has been weighed and it's very heavy 1360 kg or around 3000 lb's.
George says the car needs a diet along with the driver.. lol..(and the pit crew) : .
George was that busy he didn't want the engine until end of March, but Rod pinned him down on Friday night at Calder and the engine is off to be put on a engine Dyno.. Will film that engine on the dyno hopefully next week and post it up for all to see..
The story so far is the Monza Has a 400 Chev Small Block, 2 speed power glide, Strange Rear End... Best ET10.22 @ 133 MPH..
Rod wants to run in the 9's.
For those that haven’t seen OFR's fastest car there is a pic below..
i will keep you guy's posted hopefully with pics and video's as the engine and car is coming back together..
We would like to thank George Haddad for putting his own cars on the back burner to rebuild the engine in the Monza.
Let the good times Roll.. :evil_laug :evil_laug ET:9.##:evil_laug :evil_laug

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 30-01-2005 at 12:01 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

0o0o looks like fun!

Good luck on getting it into the 9's, what are you going to take out of the car to lighten it up? What weight are you looking for (for the car)?
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
0o0o looks like fun!

Good luck on getting it into the 9's, what are you going to take out of the car to lighten it up? What weight are you looking for (for the car)?
George Says around 100 kg's is worth .100 (hope i am remembering this right)
i think after the engine is ready to go back in then start the wieght reduction.
The windows all of them, will be replaced with perspex should loose around 80 kgs..
Fibreglass doors and boot lid and bonnet could also be an option, Rod has spoke about this, but this stuff would need to be shipped from the States..
We could put Rod on a Soup Diet..lol..:

Old 30-01-2005, 12:39 PM   #4
rodderz

There was once an old Holden one -tonner in Street Machine years ago, that had 2 engines, 1 in the front and one in the back, maybe rod could adapt this idea to his pursuit!

Maybe the 600Hp in the pursuit will not be so much of a joke in a couple of months either!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Might have to get rid of the ol Monza and put that big engine in something more locally like a Torrana/Cappri part's will be easier to source and these vehicle's will be lighter to start with.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Might have to get rid of the ol Monza and put that big engine in something more locally like a Torrana/Cappri part's will be easier to source and these vehicle's will be lighter to start with.
i full roller drag car without running gear, in desent conditition will start at around $30,000..

Old 30-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #7
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
i full roller drag car without running gear, in desent conditition will start at around $30,000..
I know of one and it's a FORD. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 01:15 AM   #8
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Alex i know which one your talking about and its a ford setup for a big block chev..

Old 31-01-2005, 01:27 AM   #9
SpoolMan

Spoke to Rod at 10.45 pm last night.
he just on his way home from George Haddad's workshop.
The engine went on the dyno Sunday afternoon it made 590 H\P...
Then they took it back to George's Workshop and pulled it down, valves are out… George will flow the heads.
There are going to be a lot of parts for sale, so if you know anyone that wants some serious small block Chevy Parts..Send Rod a PM…..MSD Ignition and dizzy, maybe heads, rods, carbie & a few other things..
There aiming for a 650 to 700 H\P small block chev.
Old 31-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #10
Chris
AFF.com.au

9 second monza, ** second pursuit, he jumps out of perfectly good planes, what DOES this guy eat for breakfast? lol
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #11
rodderz

Will rod have a tough decision on the heathcote drag day?

Mmmm....what do I race....the Monza or the Pursuit? They might both pull similar times..lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #12
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Mate you were 100% correct. Ican see crap pics lol.
Good luck with the fresh build
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #13
Chris
AFF.com.au

Will Rod be sticking to the 4.125 bore and 3.75 stroke, or will he look to go aftermarket?

Will he be feeding this beast with 18 degree heads? and, will he be injecting it?

Tell us OFR priest, and make sure the monza is not off the road too long, heathcotes fresh country air aint nothin without a breath of fresh methanol and a scream from the monza in it!!

Also, can we see a dyno sheet from the 590hp please - did it have a 530ft lb peak at 5500? (just a guess!!)

and finally, put together a running list of the parts on offer, I know a few chevy buffs sneaking around out there!!
Old 01-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #14
SpoolMan

Chris, mr Haddad has control of the whole engine and car setup, i am hoping Rod put the Dyno of the engine on video, i will find a way for someone to host it if it's on video..Methanol may be going, its to early to tell wich way everything is going..
Friday night will pump George for some info..

Old 03-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Chris, mr Haddad has control of the whole engine and car setup, i am hoping Rod put the Dyno of the engine on video, i will find a way for someone to host it if it's on video..Methanol may be going, its to early to tell wich way everything is going..
Friday night will pump George for some info..
dont glass it, its better being all steel.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:39 PM   #16
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
0o0o looks like fun!

would love to get it down around 2200Lb but i think it will be a bit of a struggle

must remind myself between meals & snacks to stop stop stop eating lol
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #17
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
There was once an old Holden one -tonner in Street Machine years ago, that had 2 engines, 1 in the front and one in the back, maybe rod could adapt this idea to his pursuit!

Maybe the 600Hp in the pursuit will not be so much of a joke in a couple of months either!

it was called "Blowback" from memory & i think it got damaged & the owners built "Blowback 2" with the supercharged pontiac engine in the rear
Old 10-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
must remind myself between meals & snacks to stop stop stop eating lol
whats for lunch tomorrow. : 4:

Old 10-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #19
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8

there is not to much difference between the Torana & the Monza, the Capri would be a fair bit lighter but either way they would all need to be gutted out & if i go for an Aussie built car i would have to convert the steering to left hook & still have to do all the tin work

it would be a lot easier to just buy a roller with a "FULL" chassis as thats what i would much prefer
Old 10-02-2005, 09:47 PM   #20
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT

greetings Alex
you have no idea how close that came to being parked in my garage, if only he would part with the trailor & the price was a little more attractive i think he would have had a lot of empty space in his garage

regards
rod
Old 10-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #21
Rod

Quote:
Spoke to Rod at 10.45 pm last night.
he just on his way home from George Haddad's workshop.
The engine went on the dyno Sunday afternoon it made 590 H\P...
Then they took it back to George's Workshop and pulled it down, valves are out… George will flow the heads.
There are going to be a lot of parts for sale, so if you know anyone that wants some serious small block Chevy Parts..Send Rod a PM…..MSD Ignition and dizzy, maybe heads, rods, carbie & a few other things..
There aiming for a 650 to 700 H\P small block chev.

yes Mark & my handbrake wasnt to happy about it but atleast i was earlier than Saturday night lol

the bits that we have left over looks like this
Crankshaft 3.75 stroke 400 Mains std & std
Conrods 6" Manly 2.1 on the mains
Pistons Wiseco 14:1
Camshaft Crane Roller TR260
Lifters - Crane Roller
Rev Kit - Crane
Heads AFR220 CNC Ported - complete with Crane Race series roller rockers & stud girdle
Manifold - Edelbrock Super Victor 2925
Igniton system - Complete MSD6al, Adjustable Timing Control, Two Step, Jacobs Coil, Jacobs Acuvolt, MSD Leads ect

basicly a complete engine apart from the block, any interest send me a PM.

regards
rod
Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #22
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
9 second monza, ** second pursuit, he jumps out of perfectly good planes, what DOES this guy eat for breakfast? lol

guess you havent seen the planes have you lol
Old 10-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #23
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Will rod have a tough decision on the heathcote drag day?

Mmmm....what do I race....the Monza or the Pursuit? They might both pull similar times..lol

mmm decision is an easy one as its already been made :
Old 10-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #24
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
yes Mark & my handbrake wasnt to happy about it but atleast i was earlier than Saturday night lol

the bits that we have left over looks like this
Crankshaft 3.75 stroke 400 Mains std & std
Conrods 6" Manly 2.1 on the mains
Pistons Wiseco 14:1
Camshaft Crane Roller TR260
Lifters - Crane Roller
Rev Kit - Crane
Heads AFR220 CNC Ported - complete with Crane Race series roller rockers & stud girdle
Manifold - Edelbrock Super Victor 2925
Igniton system - Complete MSD6al, Adjustable Timing Control, Two Step, Jacobs Coil, Jacobs Acuvolt, MSD Leads ect

basicly a complete engine apart from the block, any interest send me a PM.

regards
rod
Mate that’s a friggin lot of stuff, OFR's Accountants must have allocated a lot of pennies for the rebuild.
Has George and yourself settled on a engine Combo yet?

Old 10-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #25
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Will Rod be sticking to the 4.125 bore and 3.75 stroke, or will he look to go aftermarket?

Will he be feeding this beast with 18 degree heads? and, will he be injecting it?

Tell us OFR priest, and make sure the monza is not off the road too long, heathcotes fresh country air aint nothin without a breath of fresh methanol and a scream from the monza in it!!

Also, can we see a dyno sheet from the 590hp please - did it have a 530ft lb peak at 5500? (just a guess!!)

and finally, put together a running list of the parts on offer, I know a few chevy buffs sneaking around out there!!

4.185 Bore & a 4" stroke = 440 cubes
heads are still undecided eithe 15* or 18* but it looks like we will be sticking with "Chapman Heads" - most likely 18* as there is little to be gained for the 15* units & manifold & piston choise is somewhat limited

sticking with the carby but may go to petrol depends on the torque lose from petrol

dyno sheet to follow
Old 10-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #26
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
mmm decision is an easy one as its already been made :
ah yes should be a lot of FUN

Old 10-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #27
Rod

Quote:
Mate that’s a friggin lot of stuff, OFR's Accountants must have allocated a lot of pennies for the rebuild.
Has George and yourself settled on a engine Combo yet?

still a few thing to sort & yes we have worked out the $$ its a bit above what i expected & George says i would be better off just freshining the engine & putting it back in the car with the stick that i have from my old Torana but you know my thought on that, if i freshen the engine & put it back in the car i would rather sell the complete car & buy or build a full chassis

regards
rod
Old 11-02-2005, 04:04 AM   #28
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

i have some video of the monza from the last heathcote, very impressive, should be even more so with the new engine in it

if you need someone to host some video i have some space you can use if you need to

cheers
chris
Old 11-02-2005, 04:13 AM   #29
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
George Says around 100 kg's is worth .100 (hope i am remembering this right)
actually dude its a 100 pounds is a tenth

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 AM   #30
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
still a few thing to sort & yes we have worked out the $$ its a bit above what i expected & George says i would be better off just freshining the engine & putting it back in the car with the stick that i have from my old Torana but you know my thought on that, if i freshen the engine & put it back in the car i would rather sell the complete car & buy or build a full chassis

regards
rod
Just put some gas on it mate :jab:

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post