Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
dgrover
Starter Motor

Default AU1 Remotes, slow to open

Hi
1999 Falcon Forte Series 1 (Feb 1999)
All of a sudden my two remotes (Black Smart Lock) , are SLOW to open my doors and boot.
If i press the button for 10 seconds the doors or boot open.
Any help would be appreciated, Thank's

dgrover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: AU1 Remotes, slow to open

New Battery?
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
dgrover
Starter Motor

Replaced remite battery, still nogood.
Reset both remotes using demister button and the reset instantly.
So remote signal working.
Pulled car bat and waited 10 mins remotes worked once straight away.
Every thing else in car works ?
Old 30-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #4
dgrover
Starter Motor

Got up this morning and remote opened the door straight away, then did not work again for awhile.?
Replaced remote battery with new one, remote lights up but does not open door.
Relearned remote ok and car accepted remote code straight away but still does not open door or boot without holding button in for a long time.
Just pressed door open button and held in for 8 seconds and door locked but, did not open with remote, is their anything I can check?.
Old 31-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #5
mif73
CNC fixer guy

If so.eone else has a s1, then perhaps they could loan you a spare to learn and test? Or you could test on their car after it learns yours? That will help narrow things down.
But at the moment with 2 remotes doing it, sounds like the bcm?
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2014, 06:44 AM   #6
dgrover
Starter Motor

Thank's mif73
It could be bcm, I had a fuse blow on the cig lighter socket the day before , (Cheap phone charger plug), do I have to replace it or can it be repaired or will a wreckers one do ?.
Old 31-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #7
dgrover
Starter Motor

Well remotes now work OK ! :-)
Eventually reloaded BCM (Initialized) i think,.
Left ignition on for 61 minutes with no accessories going.
Turned off for 1 minute.
Now all is well both remotes open the boot and doors.
I would say (assume) that the blown lighter fuse corrupted the BCM and it needed re initializing.
Thanks for all your help it allowed me to narrow problem down.
Don
Old 31-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Well done.
Beats buying a new bcm.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
tellgio
Starter Motor

Oddly, mine did this too. Slow to open...So I opened them to replace the battery and there was no change. So I bought two new ones off ebay, and programmed them as well as the old two. The old two still slow as a wet week. The new pair fast as...Yes the ones I got from ebay might be 'cheap chinese knock offs', but they have the Ford logo, and look identiocal;, even in side. So for me, this worked out perfectly. Cheers
tellgio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post