Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
Dave 64
Starter Motor

Default General Query

Hi All,

Am in Central Vic, trying to source both a bit of info as well as hard to get bits and pieces for 1968 F350 trady's wagon.

Am currently in the midst of a project where I am either trying to locate original parts, or alternatively, adapt parts from another Ford product.
Going through the clutch and brake rebuild at the moment, found that the nylon bushes in the clutch/brake pedal pivot up under the dash within the pedestal, are simply flogged out. Also the clutch return spring rests on two small nylon saddles , probably to stop them rattling. Tried a few local places, all I seem to get is blank looks.

A mate suggested that it's quite possible that another Ford product may have used the same set up. Probably going to need quite a few fiddly bits like these in the near future. Can anyone direct me to either a Ford F truck parts supplier, or a hard-to-get general Ford replacement dealer? Would be appreciated, not real brilliant on doing searches on the internet, but if I get a heads up, should be able to direct my queries.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers, Dave 64

Dave 64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: General Query

Hey dave try eagle auto parts in dandenong they specialize in parts for old yank stuff also theres a bloke in thomastown who specializes in early f trucks I beleive the bushes in the pedal box are same as our falcon's just pull the bushes ut and go to a local parts shop and measure them up that's what we used to do at auto brake service I know transit vans had same size bushings as some falc's or corty's so try this method
92 South Gippsland HWY
Dandenong 3175
Phone: 03 8710 3000
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5.30pm
Sat 9am - 1pm

also try this site it's for f truck parts in australia
http://www.ftrucksaustralia.com/
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you can't get the bushes some bearing places sell nylon in stick and you could make some yourself.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
Dave 64
Starter Motor

Thanks, Guys.

Local Ford dealer went out of his way on his own time to locate one half a set of nylon bushes. Way too thin to try and machine nylon, but got hold of two bronze bushes and will machine the eye of the pedal out to suit, then ream it.

Don't know about the anti-rattle saddles on the end of the clutch pedal return spring, again may have to try and adapt something else.

Dave64
Dave 64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #5
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

There is F series wrecker near Geelong. http://www.westcoastf100.com.au/

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post