Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default hi performance spark plugs?

i think there was a thread on spark plugs done a while ago , i could`nt find the specific one but anyway ....in the eternal hunt for a few more ponies i found these , if any one has some info by all means.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxATM56b2eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3Pj...eature=related
the second vid looks impressive, i`m betting these cost big buks.

mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
falzoony
Rockin '67

Does seem impressive. When you do a google there are a few people who don't think that they are worth the $25US each they are asking for them.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm i had a look at some reviews myself, it does seem a mixed bag some good some not so good, a couple of different forums they said they actually did get an increase in hp but then changed to dopper core plugs $1.25 each and got more hp on top .....ahh well back to the drawing board :(
Old 14-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can you get these in aus?
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not sure Grechie.
Old 15-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

www.popularmechanics.com has articles on the pulstar plugs.
Q: I consider myself a beginner car person; I like to do minor repairs on my car and try to learn as much as I can about the cars I drive. What I want to know is how important spark plugs are to the efficient operation of a car. Are there different grades of spark plugs that will make a vehicle perform better than it did with it's original spark plugs? By better I mean more power and better fuel efficiency.

I also looked into a product called Pulstar. They claim their product is the same shape as a spark plug but produces one million watts of peak power. Theoretically this results in improved horsepower output and more efficient gas mileage according to their website. I wanted to know if you have any experience with this product and whether you recommend it or not.

A: I have not tested this device. In fact, I’ve never heard of it before now. I find their website definitive, yet remarkably content-free. They provide no real data, or even any explanation of how the intercircuitry in the plug operates.

A million-watt spark? That uses the plug's heat to operate? Rubbish.

Fascinating how they quote their own ad from that other magazine, and make it look like it has been tested and endorsed by the magazine. Judging strictly on their marketing methods, it’s bogus. If a hotter, pulsed spark would improve fuel economy,it would already be built into the vehicle’s ignition system. Car manufacturers are desperate to meet CAFÉ standards, and there are no cheap, easy, drop–in solutions.