Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
4VCLEVO
XA GT

Default Drag Slick hight?

I have an XA with 340RWHP, c4 with 4500rpm stall and 4.22 gears. I'm in the market for a 10inch slick but not sure of hight and don't want to buy the wrong one. So 26" or 28" high, which one would be more suited to my aplication?

Old 23-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Drag Slick hight?

It depend on what you want to rev it to. Find an online calculator (such as http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...s/rearend.html) and plug some numbers in. The 28 should fit and would be my choice
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
jcxr
Tribal Elder

28" would be the best with your gearing. i run 26" with similiar set-up but would chose the taller tyres if they could fit.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
4VCLEVO
XA GT

I've done some calculations, and putting 28's on my setup would be the same as 26's with 3.9 gears. My mechanic told me to use 28's, he said it could do with higher gearing to make more use of the torque. Looks like he's tyre selection was right. I think it's beter to here it from more than one person as I don't want to buy 2 sets.
Thanks.