Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM   #1
Swul
Starter Motor

Default WS Fiesta 2009 - audio upgrade

Hi all,

So I finally decided that after 14 years of owning my 2009 Zetec manual that I can tinker without feeling like I might wreck the car due to my limited skills. Keen to upgrade the audio head unit (will stay with just the head unit...... for now). Went to browse at an audio store and pretty much felt dismissed as not willing to spend enough $$ and not really 'worth their time'.

Hearing how much it'd cost just to do a basic HU+ front speaker upgrade made me more determined to go the DIY route. I finally accepted that any fascia mod available out there that accommodates a 1/2-DIN aftermarket HU would look uglier than stock, I went for a 2DIN JVC (KW-M785BW) as I purposely avoided the various Android auto upgrades by no-name brands (my priority was sound quality followed by convenience). And no I did not order it from the shop I browsed at.

Studied the Aerpro website over and over to see what additional cables needed and picked up APP8JVC5 adapter but there does not seem to be any suitable Steering wheel control module specific to my WS Fiesta (mine has the "M" button on the stalk, not the "OK" button). One suggestion from a website says "For cars with an "M" button you will need to purchase the 29-ctf-05 & 29-ctf-04 and use the black box from the 29-ctf-05 and the cables from the 29-ctf-04 as this is a more complex car setup." - essentially that would cost $275 AUD (more than I want to spend and the -05 part is also sold out). Is there an alternative that allows me to retain SWCs? My stock audio has Part No: 8A6T-18C815-BP.

For the other parts I picked up a fascia from AliExpress tonight due to sales for just over $60 AUD shipped https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005006005235274.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm. Unfortunately nothing that fully matches the burgundy/red interior so will likely need to re-spray one of the panels (not entirely true - Tomzz Audio makes one with the burgundy-coloured panel but only ships within Germany). Also picked up a FDHZ01 alternative for about $6 which works perfectly.
Swul is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post