View Single Post
Old 17-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #45
1600GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKaos
Anyone remember a bloke by the name of Geoghan? Big Pete couldn't drive to save himself, but he could build killer cars!
the biggest load of absolute ******* bullshit i have ever read!!
mate, grow a brain so u can actually read up on the life and career of Ian "Pete" GEOGHEGAN, then we'll see if u still think the same.

for starters, he had more driving talent than Bob Jane and Norm Beechey put together. Allan Moffat evens rates him as one of the best this country ever had.
he had the ability to be able to drive a car fast when it wasnt a fast car, coz he simply drove around its faults.

secondily, 'pete' didnt build his cars. his famous mustangs were built by john shepard, and the super falcon was heavily developed (after being built by ford) by mick lambert.
if fact, john shepard has recently said in Australian Muscle Car magazine that pete, who stuttered quite badly, once said to him "u-u-u just w-w-w-worry about b-b-b-building the car, and i'll w-w-w-worry about d-d-d-driving it!"

i dont normally have a go at our users of here, but K.K., get the facts straight, and your story around the right way, BEFORE posting garbage like that.
:
This user likes this post: