View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #18
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: I'm conflicted. AU or BA or BF XR8 coupe-utility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
Because noises?

I left Oz with a suitcase and not much else. Came back 17 years later with a wife, 2 kids, a dog and a car along with half a 20' container of stuff.

I spent 17 years in Japan, and never had anything interesting to drive because I was too busy paying the bills and trying to convince the spawn to grow up right.

Now the bills are still there as are the kids, but the bills are smaller, kids are bigger, both are more manageable and I want something to drive that I WANT! Sensibilities be damned, I want something that'll make me smile even if it's not exactly quick, fast or even sure footed.

(And if I really want that, I can always go back for a shopping/shipping expedition.)

Plus, I've got the 'sensible' car already. And while on paper a 195kw six might make sense, a 200kw V8 makes all the noises I want to hear. It might end up being I get the six because reasons.

That said, there's a BA XR8 literally around the corner (same postcode) at $10K on the road. Manual even. A little long in the tooth, but still.

Hence, the conflict...

(Also, if it's a manual it'll give the boy something to learn on in a couple years. I wish my dad had a V8 ute for me to learn how to drive.)

Stu.

I just sent you a pm
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote