View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #1439
Runman

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8 007 View Post
Hey all,

Just found this thread by luck. Glad its here don’t need to start a new one.

Long story short. Got back into training 12 weeks ago starting at 82kgs and now on 67.5kgs. Training 3 nights a week (Kickboxing) and hit the road for 4 kays 3 days a week.

My diet is just about on point, nice mix of proteins and carbs etc. I allow myself one cheat meal once a week. Small breakfast, small lunch and a standard dinner (low carbs higher proteins. Nice amount of salad or veggies and a lean meat)

Problem and my question. I have hit a plateau and cannot shift the last 2.5kgs. I’m not the type of person to make excuses and if I wasn’t training hard and eating junk I could honestly understand. However just its not making sense to me why I cant keep losing.

Any suggestions, do I need to try something new? Vary the type of exercise I do? Considering im not a athlete by nature could I be over training and need to hit a reset for afew days and then start over? Any input would be appreciated, thanks a bunch.
Losing 14.5k in 12 weeks is very good effort on it's own. You are probably at the weight now that your level of exercise and diet defines, and to go lower may require a little belt tightening on the carbs.

If you can get your carb intake under 50g a day,this is where metabolic benefits really start to kick in. When eating less than 50 grams per day, your body will get into ketosis, supplying energy for the brain via so-called ketone bodies. This is likely to kill your appetite and cause you to lose weight automatically, it would definitely remove those last 2.5k.

How tall are you? Have you checked your BMI to see what weight is appropriate for your age, height etc?
http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/he...alculator.aspx
Runman is offline   Reply With Quote