Thread: Fiesta Econetic
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #5
XRT-HOWSEE
Blown FPV GS 315

Default Re: Fiesta Econetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ute View Post
The Econetic's fuel performance was always predicated on the multiple modifications made by the German designers & engineers in the Koln factory: advanced aero work, lightening of running gear, spare & jack deletion, lowering of the suspension, raising the ratio of the top 3 gears etc.

Nothing radical, nothing of itself too startling in its own right, but collectively very efficient & effective. Part of the overall package was the fitting of smaller, narrower low rolling resistance tyres. Michelins were the OEM choice. I concur. An excellent choice, with an ideal compromise between grip, long life, fuel savings & enough "slip" to give a lovely controllable throttle steering response.

Given that there's actually so little rubber in contact with the road, anything less than the latest series 2 Michelin Eco tyres is tempting fate in my opinion. Given that they were specifically designed for the Econetic (& vice versa) why would you wish to change? Anything less might upset that lovely balance of the Econetic's chassis.
That is exactly my thinking mate. Spot on.

Only due to the fact that it's got brand new tyres on it is the only reason I won't be switching to the originals.

So have there been any issues related to the econetics?

FPV GS 315 sedan
Black w/ Silver stripes
442rwkw
XRT-HOWSEE is offline   Reply With Quote