View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #50
inventiv

Default Re: oil leak behind the accessory belt & pulleys

Ok, so I'm back in there this weekend, swapping out my squeaking pulleys so I'll have a look at the leak situation, see if all is well.

I'm a little unclear on whether I will need to undo the tensioner bolt again to fix the tension on my chain though. Can someone please clarify whether my tensioner adjuster needs 'adjusting' - I'm getting a few mixed messages. This is what I did last time:

I simply pressed the tensioner adjuster back in with my tensioner plug (which came out as one combined unit for me), did not lock the adjuster either way, just pressed it back into the well using the combined plug. So my question is, if the adjuster needs to be unlocked with an allen key anyway once it's in there, do I really need to go back in? After all doesn't the fact that my tension adjuster was loose and I just pressed it in with the plug mean that it's unlocked?.. So it's the way it should be?

I'm not sure whether this is correct or not, some are saying that it's fine, others that it should be put back in the lock position and left like that - although this would mean that the spring is compressed and not offering tension to the chain no?..
inventiv is offline   Reply With Quote