View Single Post
Old 15-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #58
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2012 Thai Built Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb
This is doing my head in!

I have (with great difficulty and little room for negotiating on price therefore) found a new black titanium diesel hatch with SE pack which I have on hold - have to confirm with the dealer tomorrow and am now wondering WTF to do; the purist in me wants a German built one (I know this is no guarentee of better quality, but it feels less wrong to pay a premium for "made in Germany" than similar money for something made on slave labour wages), but more features for the same or less money is appealing...!

Are you pretty confident about your updates re the additions and omissions? Even with CityStop (which I think is cool - the rest I can take or leave, would have wanted BLIS tho!!) being very tempting, I still think I'd prefer one of the now-rare German ones...

Or am I being a d***head??
Hey mate. Have seen the dealer issued form from Ford Australia to confirm all the details I have. It says August availability also. Personally, I’d try and get a German one, as the one I’m driving is built like a rock, and has heated front seats, great in Toowoomba haha! The Thai built model drops this feature, but it does gain plenty of other kit. Up to you really, but the Thai model is a few months away yet! Good luck.