View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #81
Sleek the Elite

Default Re: Ford Colours....Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
Is it Velocity you're talking about?

This was the exact car & colour that made me fall in love with falcons.

I desperately wanted one when they first came out but ended up buying an XR6T in Silhouette at the auctions instead.

I've actually never bought a car in my first choice colour. I wanted an emerald green (can't remember the official colour) KH laser for my first car. Went to the auctions & there were 2 of those & 2 red ones. I ended up with one of the red ones (because both of the emerald green ones were 1.8 litres that exceeded my budget on the day).

I wanted a velocity blue BA XR6 Falcon & bought an XR6T in Silhoutte instead. Being a turbo & considerably cheaper at auction it seemed like much better value.

Then after 12 years of driving a black falcon, I wanted a white one & ended up buying one in petroleum (which looks very similar to the black one I previously owned).

When I eventually move onto a mustang, one of my goals will be to buy it in whatever my first choice colour is at the time. I'd like to think I could do that on what will be my fourth attempt.

Blood Orange was another great colour from the BA Falcon days. There was an XR8 in that colour at the auctions when I bought my XR6T. It certainly stood out!

Last edited by Sleek the Elite; 03-05-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Sleek the Elite is offline   Reply With Quote