Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #504
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: TDCI Focus

No torque figure yet as the dyno wasn't set up for it, hopefully on the final tune I'll get one.

I've got the car back temporarily to use over the Christmas holidays on an interim tune.

But if you work it right it pushes you into the seat, but you've gotta keep it on the ball, it was averaging 5.1L/100km average speed 70km/h over about 200km highway driving, so we're down from 5.5L/100km.

Though if you start giving it heaps, the fuel usage figure rises pretty damn quick lol.

The smaller water/methanol nozzles have been shipped from the UK so I'm just waiting on them to arrive before the car goes back to have the tune touched up for the water/methanol and hopefully then we can see some power/torque gains and an actual torque figure from the dyno.

The interim tune is on the safer side for now, they can get more out of it but then it starts billowing out black smoke just before the turbo spools up if you give it to it, and they wanted to have it a bit cleaner until they can work it out a bit more.

When I picked up the car one of the tuners said he was really interested in getting the car back when the new nozzles come in, as its been quite difficult to tune and has fought them every step of the way, he says he is confident he can get more out of it, it just needs more time on the dyno and more ECU hacking, as its locked down tight and has multiple maps they can't access yet.

Ford really doesn't want people playing with their diesel cars it seems

Many of these have been tuned in Europe/UK so I'm putting some feelers out there to see if anyone over there is willing to share some information with us to make our life a bit easier, if they know the secret to the ECU and are willing to share information with us then the battle has been won.

At least with the water/methanol injection, if we can get the right size nozzle happening the methanol helps diesel burn more efficiently, so we might be able to use it to clean it up a little and have more fuel.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 30-12-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote