View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:17 AM   #393
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Give this:

Quote:
SSM 22268 - FG Falcon MK2 (6 Cyl. Eng. Only) Power Steering Oil Specification.
Please note there is a change in Power Steering Oil Specification for FG Falcon MK2 vehicles 6 Cylinders Engines Only. There has been a misprint in the Service Guide for FG MK2 Vehicles for Power Steering Oil Specification. The correct oil specs are Mercon LV, Ford Part No XT 10 QLVC. There is no change in Power Steering Oil specification for V8 vehicles.
....can you please tell me if both the Mk I and MK II FG's both use O ring seals on high pressure hose to power steering pump connection and if so are they the same part numbers and/or made from the same material? I am wondering if following the incorrect service guide using Valvoline Formula F instead of Castrol Mercon LV to top up my power steering is what caused the leak at this connection on both my FGs. If there are two different O rings I might try some experiments soaking the O rings in both types of ATF. What do these O rings cost?