Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 03:10 PM   #412
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC View Post
Not sure for all, but my daughter and her colleagues have been spending nights and days preparing to homeschool and could now switch over to schooling the students from home with skype at the drop of a hat.

So as for education, it can be done all uni's are doing this as well, at best it seems scomo is dicing with teachers health over keeping others going to work at best.
Yes, great if you are older and have tech savvy, English speaking parents.

In reality - Students in year 4 and below will probably do very little till school is back unless they have a parent capable and willing to sit by them and do everything with them one to one.

Can you imagine a 5-7 year old logging into Skype and teaching themselves or following the instructions online?

I was sitting in on HS classes last week trying to debug the online learning platforms and even years 8-10 were struggling.

Half of them were fooling around on other sites, not bothering with the classes - which is exactly what will happen at home.

This year is going to be a compliance nightmare for education. Passing a class is based on hrs sat per year. With no way to monitor what has and has not been sat at this time some tough decisions will need to be made.

I think they should switch the Summer 6 week holidays to now and hope that in the next few months things settle down and come Dec / Jan students only get 2 weeks.

That is the ONLY way we can keep compliant and ride the year out and start 2021 schooling year as per normal.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post: