Thread: OBD2 users
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 10:16 PM   #16
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: OBD2 users

you seem to not be having a good run, I think I can help you out. It has been a while so apologies if I give you a bum steer in an area or two, my memory is only as good as the excitement at the time (of finding and fixing a problem) when I did this, and since fixing said problem it's been a while since using the adaptor.

1. You need to pair the adaptor to the phone or laptop, this has nothing to do with the app yet. So within android or windows.
2. You need to run the app and go into 'Settings' or 'Setup' something like that or the sprocket icon (now it's coming back).
3. Change the bt device from the default 'whatever' to the adaptor you've just paired, this section may also be under a 'connection' heading.
4. Save or back out and go back to the app home page and connect, it's at this stage you'll probably be asked if the device has a switch for High speed and Medium speed connections, answer that and you're good to go.

Now you should be set to connect, key on engine off and you should get some info on the vehicle and connection to various PCMs.

Put your coin in the slot, foot down on the pedal......you'reeeeee racing!

Hope it helps mate.

edit: Oh yeah if you're like me and have a problem connecting to the adaptor after pressing the power button on the adaptor itself (especially after successfully connecting to it), I found it needed a stupid procedure of removing the adaptor refitting it and turning it on/off (once or multiple times) by its power button to get the flashing sequence lights and it's good to go. Along with cycling the car keys.

Last edited by cobrin; 28-05-2020 at 10:28 PM.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote