View Single Post
Old 21-02-2023, 12:52 PM   #98
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: The Thailand Special Thread - New Developments/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I agree with the GVM/GCM but what ever this trailer dyno thing does is rip the *** out of them that's for sure.

They did also do a 2500kg trailer on the back and even being 1000kg short of the advertised figures they still struggled, some more than others (Navara lol)

Look at the effects on the 0-90 and 0-100 times compared to the American utes and the Raptor with the trailer dyno on the back. It confirms in my mind that when you're using something for work that there's no replacement for displacement (or a ****load of forced induction - see Raptor that ripped the American utes with their V8s)

I agree I'd like to see them at GVM/GCM and go another run, they couldn't get their hands on the lovely VDJ79 unfortunately for the test, shame because it would have shown how it's not worth the price for entry
Find it rather amusing these tests, driving upto $ydney last week and sitting on 105km/h 1/2 loaded (1.5T payload) still passed most caravans and semi's @ 38mpg (16kml) in a 34 year old truck.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: