View Single Post
Old 30-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #57
WASP
Whipple Induced

The rising price of fuel has actually given me the perfect opportunity to do something I thought I would never do. For the more mundane weekly commuter duties I have resumed using public transport a few times a week now or using an economical practical vehicle to go to the office. I have to admit I’m not one to focus too much on the cost of fuel being a performance car enthusiast. The motivators for me were more around setting a good example for my kids and staff, plus being an owner of a highly modified vehicle I wanted to use it more for enjoyment and less as a taxi.

I’ve found the whole experience quite interesting so far. The GT has become that special car again that I really look forward to driving on occasion and on the weekend. I no longer worry about where it’s parked and what obstacles I will need to negotiate with it in the city. The money I save during the week I now spend on the weekend driving it for fun instead of weekly commuter duties.

My staff are shocked that their ‘rev-head’ Boss is not above ‘bussing’ it to work like some of them do, while my kids (8 & 10) are proud that their Dad is ‘trying’ to look after the frogs and their environment to

Colville