View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #54
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

It's been a long day.

I started out by reading my original FDIM parameter blocks using Forscan, while also having my CAN BUS logging device plugged in. Do I feel bad that I'm looking at what Forscan is doing while learning a bit about how these cars work.. Not really. I've got a whole lot more PIDs now.

I saw that my original FDIM has one half byte difference to the new one (BTW: half byte = nibble) but Forscan was not going to attempt to change that block for me to see how it does so. Eventually, I worked out what all the magic numbers meant and I was able to get the device in the same state as my old unit.

But oh no, that's not how these things work!

No matter what blocks I changed, it would not go into single zone climate control on the bench. Disbelief that these things could be configured set in and I moved on to using the donor unit's buttons. Some were very dirty, some were scratched...

I ended up swapping over my OK button. I'm actually pretty happy swapping over the black buttons to these silver ones, they match the steering wheel buttons I did a while ago...

Upon powering up the unit (after considerable work swapping things over) the screen says it's configuring blue-tooth and it's the Territory profile being used. What? Territory? That's weird! Up date complete...

The damn thing can be configured into single zone! But no SAT NAV!

Hmmm, touch-screen is also not functioning any more. That's also weird! But I had done all the screws up nice and tight - so out it came and everything loosened up - touch screen worked again. Turns out the two top screws holding the unit in place shouldn't be over tightened.

Plug her back into the car... Blue-tooth goes into configuration again! This time it tells me it's using the Falcon profile! SAT NAV comes back, touch screen continues to work, but it's in dual zone climate mode (which matches my new buttons - so all good).

Makes me wonder though, where do you press on the screen when first powering it up via the battery to get different profiles to load?!!!!!!!
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: