Default Re: Focus 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
I have heard this

Dealers got say forty cars to service in a day

At knock off only 38 get done

Two cars back to owners with no service

True or urban myth - don’t know
Going by the video Automasters sent me besides the thermostat head going .
The intake valve of something was covered in carbon . Oil filter was dirty oil was dirt . Brakes still had 50% left on them . And fluid levels were low . The focus went to the dealer once a year as the dealer requested . Couple of things with the dealer before drop off they’d tell me new tyres they got me once saying the tires were old rubber would be gone . Then every service after they start with your tyres when I collected the car tyres were fine . A bit like the transmission held the focus for a month it’s not the transmission but battery when the car transmission went again the RAA told me the battery was in great condition. Second dealer replaced the transmission. A smaller issue the front office staff laughing at me at the lesser amount of Ks done .
So the car wasn’t due for a dealer service until January 2024 . Automasters fixed the thermostat issues and everything else with the service .
So Automasters do the service every 10’000 Ks really different to the dealer yes my dad never did the Ks and I’ll struggle to do the amount
But the focus fills so much a better car then when the dealer services it
I had them look at the tyres fine
Brakes 50% left
Battery good
And the Ks coming up on the dashboard like it was before the transmission was replaced . Drives so much better . And any fluid issues it’s covered by Automasters.
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote