Thread: Fiesta XR4
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2006, 11:27 AM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
I think the mondeo will do well.

It will provide ford with a nice stepping stone from the small to large car segment (with everything in between)

Fiesta seems to be hitting it off well in the small car market, getting good reviews and selling well... I keep seeing more and more on the road. Thank christ only like 3-4 in colorado red.

Im actually very surprised how popular the new focus is, i thought it was a little bit too large but you see soo many on the road now.

I think its only logical for ford to launch that next step up... to provide something between the focus and the falcon.

The mondeo will be a hit ! After all, how many damn Mazda 6's do you see !!!
i agree with you mitch in regards to how the Focus and Fiesta are selling. i see heaps on the road.

i have to disagree though on the mondeo, there are alot of Mazda 6's but thats mazda's large car, and the 3 is the meduim. ford alrealdy have a small medium and large car setup. the mondeo may sell well, but i doubt it. i personally dont see a point to having 2 medium cars, you basically undermining your own product. i will agree that haveing variety is a good thing, but 2 much variety is a bit wierd. ppl like to have simple choices. having said that i do believe the Mondeo to be a great car, even though i think it will take a share of the Focus sales if introduced.

and i dont expect it to sell as well as every one hopes.

also lets not forget what the Mondeo would be priced at over here. In the UK its the luxury model. the mondeo is basically the Uk's version of a large car. (sedan style e.g. Falcon) it will most probably be priced high, and i doubt that it will be able to constest with the Mazda 6 on features for price.

heck Ford may very well indeed bring the Mondeo out in AUS, but i doubt it will be a big HIT!