View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #3036
whiteant32
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello and thank you for your welcome.
I recently bought a 1968 ZB Fairlane 302 V8 C4 auto which has been in the same family since new. Although the car is in fairly good condition there are a few niggling problems I would like to sort out.The first is the auto column shift was very loose & sloppy it did not feel like it was going into park properly you have to jiggle it around to start the car.I decided the gear stick & linkages were worn out so I bought a B&M sports floor shifter but it appears I still have the same problem not going into park properly.Question: Is there an adjustment inside the C4 trans & could I fix it myself (I have a fare bit of mechanical knowledge) I fitted the shifter according to the instructions & adjusted the cable on the trans as per instructions. Question 2: I have noticed the diff appears to be off centre by about 15 mill I noticed this when I fitted some mag wheels & 265 tyres on the rear the left side tyre is closer to the wheel arch than the right.I checked the wheels and the backspace are the same & I also put the car on a hoist yesterday to check for crash damage but all looks fine is this normal or is there a problem?
whiteant32 is offline   Reply With Quote