Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #1049
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Only problem is they make things way too cheap for people to ignore.

We are a nation of tigh asses that would be happy to drive out of our way to save 4c a litre on fuel or line up for hours to get our ALDI catalogue special.

Our minimum wage per hour is seen as a good wage per day in some parts of China.

Now, when this is all over we are going to be even more broke than we have ever been before, individually and as a nation.

Who will we turn to to get back on our feet at the lowest possible price?

Same people who put us there in the first place.

Almost every 'buy Aussie' campaign has ended in economic failure - ask Dick Smith.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
Completely agree, had some spats this morning with people over pricing wanting stuff for Chinese prices.

It's reality check time for Australia but I think we're too daft to get the message over globalisation maybe hasn't really worked in our favor.

Americans over the counter are another one who are expecting to pay US prices in Australia, sorry but we don't have illegal Mexicans doing the heavy lifting here in Australia.

Anyway I have more on this topic but alas I'm about to depart our lunch room as someone is slurping, eating with their mouth open and sucking air in rather loudly, I'm exiting before I make them turn blue and stop breathing

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 03-04-2020 at 01:39 PM.
This user likes this post: