Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 07:33 PM   #284
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Did I hear on the news today that the UK government is going to be effecting mortgage relief for a few months to help mortgage owners.

Last couple of years has been intense media commentary about housing bubble in Sydney and Melbourne and effect higher interest rates would have on defaults....

This Covid 19 with loss of employment extending what- 6 months-12 months-16 months- has the potential to be devastating on mortgage defaults....

I have a niece who has a wedding photography business- has lost all bookings over the next 3 months and is devastated and stressed as to how she is going to survive in Melbourne....

Time to batten down the hatches, hoard and buy guns to defend the hoarded goodies....oh no- wrong country
Well, it seems this has flowed on to us as well now.

All banks are offering support packages - but they mostly seem to cater to business customers.

I have applied for help with ANZ - lets see if they call me next week as promised.

CBA have already offered to help me with my credit card, but it was like getting blood out of a stone and I don't think the person I spoke to had a grasp on reality - I only got help when I insisted that I speak to someone above her as she had no clue at all about finances.

I hope it's not going to be like the 'help' offered to me by my Super fund when I was about to lose my house during my divorce and I asked to access some of my Super.

First I had to default and wait a month for it to appear. (where??)

Then I had to apply for government benefits.

Then I had to be on them for 3 months.

Then I had to fill out a bunch of forms and the most I could get if they approved me (and there was no guarantee they would after all that) was $10k.

What a great way to help people in need.

ANZ asked if I was on Government benefits in their hardship application.

Lets see if they ask me to default first then apply for benefits then wait a while while I sink even further before they throw me a few crumbs.

Fingers crossed ay...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......