View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #73
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Good to have someone with first hand experience. Its hard to know who or what to believe in the media, its very polarising, you are either one side or the other, there is no middle ground.

Are these threats from gov agencies or private companies?

During the height of the pandemic, when "China" was sending the PPEs to Europe, some of them turned out faulty. It was reported that the gov was sending out fake goods. Dig a bit more, it turns out some countries were doing deals with unregistered chinese companies who were sending out counterfeit goods. I'm hearing the owners of these companies are now being belted around a bit.

You need to dig into history to understand why they behave the way they do. "Sick man of asia" look it up. They vowed never to let the west dominate and abuse them again. Unfortunately, that mentality can be overplayed as we are seeing now.

IMHO Australia doesn't need to invest billions and billions in military. Post WWII, no country (other than US?) has gone and invaded a land that is not "in dispute" I don't think? Remove the US war conflicts, the world is actually a more peaceful place. I dunno, maybe need a fact check. Why would China, or Russia or Africa or Middle East countries want to invade Australia? I can only think of ONE reason. I can see the US increasing their military presence here. It doesn't look like NZ will let them after sending their nuclear subs home. The US military here is not to protect Australia, it is so they have a launching point in Asia Pacific. That I think puts us in danger if war was to break out. We are seeing this played out with the man made islands in the South China sea. Have a look at a map where the US have staging points in the Asian region. They pretty much have southern China surrounded with military bases. This has encouraged China to build fake islands as a "defence". Its pretty scary when you think about it.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote