Thread: Overrated cars
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #67
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Overrated cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
You have been told numerous times the Everest was not a replacement for Territory. Ford said this from the start. Why do you keep trying to push this line when it is 100% false?

There has been no direct replacement.
More's the pity, and leads into:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
When I think of overrated cars my mind slips to anything imported, and is generally something expensive to repair such as the already mentioned euro built cars. But they are built for European weather not to withstand our conditions.

Can attest to this watching my parents suffer Euro car ownership when we came to Australia, for many years. My parents weren't auto electricians, so they couldn't do the fancy tuner stuff. They just suffered. But it wasn't due to them overrating the Euro cars (subject of this thread) - it was all they originally knew.

Now, replacing a Territory (1st quote) - I see Jag F Pace or RR Velar as the successor for type of vehicle - full time AWD SUV that handles well. Two problems, 1) price is double and 2) reliability is not on par with Barra powered Territory. JLR does some absolutely fantastic looking cars, top marks to stylists inside & out, and yes they have cache and are rated highly, but its what happens after warranty/in depreciation/in reliability that is where they could improve to match the way people rate them.