View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:47 AM   #373
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Now that I can load the factory packages from an SD card, I went and did it to my original unit (since I don't have to delete anything - just "mv" move the old factory folder (to factory_o) and create a symbolic link to a new one on the SD card). These are the extra symbolic links required when upgrading an old firmware (which my unit has) to the latest:

cd /bin
ln -s /packages/factory/graphics/root/bin/exhibit exhibit
ln -s /packages/factory/applications/root/bin/fpv_gauges fpv_gauges
ln -s /packages/factory/swsa_binaries_and_libraries/root/bin/hmiEvent hmiEvent
ln -s /packages/factory/swsa_binaries_and_libraries/root/bin/seperate seperate

(I'm not even running the fpv_gauges program - my car doesn't have the hardware it needs - and my Gauges.ino.elf program does everything it does with my own hardware - but it doesn't hurt to put in the link.)

cd /lib
ln -s /packages/factory/media_player/root/lib/libandroid.so libandroid.so

(not sure if I mentioned these navi files before? but I noticed them again on this upgrade)
cd /etc
mkdir navi
cd navi
ln -s /packages/factory/navi/root/etc/navi/synctool_check_and_exec.sh synctool_check_and_exec.sh
ln -s /packages/factory/navi/root/etc/navi/post_synctool_usb_cleanup.sh post_synctool_usb_cleanup.sh
ln -s /packages/factory/navi/root/etc/navi/post_synctool_nand_cleanup.sh post_synctool_nand_cleanup.sh

cd /usr/bin
ln -s /packages/factory/swsa_binaries_and_libraries/root/usr/bin/dynamic_update_symlink.sh dynamic_update_symlink.sh
ln -s /packages/factory/swsa_binaries_and_libraries/root/usr/bin/dynamic_update_process.sh dynamic_update_process.sh
ln -s /packages/factory/swsa_binaries_and_libraries/root/usr/bin/dynamic_update_identify.sh dynamic_update_identify.sh
ln -s /packages/factory/swsa_binaries_and_libraries/root/usr/bin/dynamic_update_hmi.sh dynamic_update_hmi.sh

cd /packages/system/trailer
ln -s /packages/factory/swsa_binaries_and_libraries/root/usr/bin/dynamic_update_hmi.sh dynamic_update_hmi.sh

--ensure the whole new /packages/persist/bluetooth folder is copied over too (not sure if it gets created, I just copied mine).

(As I had previously said, in a post a page back, a couple of the older version programs were kept because running the new ones with the old boot files/smaller-board comms indicated there were some issues.)

Seems to work pretty well.

It does "upgrade" the bluetooth firmware on the unit too - a big splash message shows up with % done... Falcon profile... I'm certain from reading the forums that the bluetooth was enhanced for new devices - but you only get it from the dealers when you complained that your phone didn't work.

Last edited by JasonACT; 10-04-2020 at 12:52 AM.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: