View Single Post
Old 13-12-2021, 06:48 PM   #1560
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I see a therapist once a month or so. I use these sessions to download my month, to have someone impartial to talk to and to let it all out of my head. Some sessions are great, some not so great. Today was a good one.

I have been seeing this person for 6 years now, I classify it as essential maintenance for my mind. As mentioned, there are times where it just feels like a winging session, others times it can be very constructive.

On regular occasion, there are certain issues that I will have blown out of proportion in my mind, having a different and impartial perspective helps me work through thing those aspects. It has also helped me acknowledge and appreciate the things that are good or I am good at, and being comfortable to celebrate those little victories.

I have also found that my quasi promotion has given me new purpose at work, even if I'm not doing anything different than what I have been doing for years now. I guess it's nice to have some acknowledgement of my work.

For anyone who thinks they need to speak to someone, reach out to your doctor and ask for a mental health assessment, you may be eligible for subsidized appointments.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten

Last edited by DFB FGXR6; 13-12-2021 at 06:59 PM.
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: