View Single Post
Old 19-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #386
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

When a car the next lane over decides they want to get into your lane accelerates forward then expects to be let in. I wouldn't call that giving way to the lane you want to change to. Then I get abused for not jamming on the brakes and making way for them. Common courtesy - show some and you'll get some in return.

For once today at a particular intersection I was in the left lane at the front of the lights. The left lane enables you to go left at the next intersection and the right lane is right turn only. Most go left. Heaps of people choose the right lane then en masse change to the left lane and jump the traffic queue. The left lane usually has a longer queue as 2/3rds do the right thing.

So this time I took off with no cars in front and the guy to my right kept accelerating with the intention to cut in front of me. He didn't get far enough ahead, but didn't slow down and drop into the gap behind me for the left turn. Instead, the right hand turn lane had no traffic and the lights were red, but he went over the stop line, pulled left in front of the other cars waiting and when there was a gap, took off onto Princes Hwy Clayton, which had the green light. I was shaking my head in disbelief.

Where I know what I have to do and what lane I need to be in, I'll position myself early enough so that no-one has to brake to let me in. Lane changes are usually made into gaps in traffic. People who deliberately cut in late to get ahead cripple traffic flow.

I would like to install lasers in the front bumper - then I could take out a tyre or 2 when they cut me off.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: