View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #9
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some interesting observations I must say. Driving habits.........well, I replaced the original rotors predominately because they were 6 years old (1 machine left before being undersize) & had NEVER had warping issues (even with the same rattle gun/driving habits over 3 years since I rebuilt this AU) moreover, in the 5 years I've owned my EF, the fronts have only been machined ONCE, & this was when I needed to replace pads, not because of warping. My AU has done very little driving, is not driven hard & is exceptionally well maintained as is my EF both of which are driven solely by me, so I can only conclude that these DBA rotors are the issue, however I may switch to a softer pad as these could also be a contributing factor. In my earlier post I (wrongly) stated I was using Bendix "Ultimate" pads, they are in fact Bendix "Advance" pads, sorry if I misled anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
when you say harder pedal do you mean the brakes is more responsive ie it only takes a little touch and youve just broken all your bones? or just an improvement over the standard one?
Definately an improvement over the std rotors/pads, however in order to generate less dust, I opted for a harder pad, the downside is harder pedal, less wear, not as immediate with stopping power (those are my observations).

Last edited by The Dok; 11-10-2006 at 03:09 PM.
The Dok is offline   Reply With Quote