View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #324
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Angry Re: Why is it.................?

I saw this on two consecutive nights last week while driving home from work where it was well and truly dark. Why is it people can drive at night and NOT notice they have not turned on their lights (not even their park lights)? I don't see how this is possible. Even if one can see well enough, how can they NOT notice their instrument cluster and centre console are not lit up? How are they judging their speed? Even if I had tunnel vision it would be impossible not to notice that everything in front of you is dark.

People have told me in the past not to worry about it and let the police handle it. I disagree. Although the driver of the other car may be able to see where they are driving, it is the other motorists who CANNOT SEE THEM! What happens if you turn right across oncoming traffic at night and there is car coming in the opposite direction with no lights on? Or if you are trying to merge from a side street?

Of the two instances I saw last week I managed to get one of them to turn on their lights (the other instance the person was driving in the opposite direction).

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote