View Single Post
Old 28-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #14
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Should I buy a Mondeo

Hi all,

We owned an MA diesel zetec sedan from 2009 through 2018 and the car never put a foot wrong and returned 6+/- 0.2 litres per 100 km across that time. The only warranty work was to replace the drivers seat belt stalk because of an intermittent switch and the takata air bag snafu.

The current car (see sig) is pretty much the same but has better fuel economy (5.5 +/- 0.2 litres per 100 km) and just like the previous car. thus far warranty work has been manufacturer generated stuff (takata air bag and battery harness). the driver assistance stuff is very useful and allows me to concentrate on what others are doing without worrying too much about monitoring speed, maintaining safe braking distances and not wandering out of the lane. It did have an annoying low level vibrating rattle on coarse chip surfaces, but I traced that to the sliding fence in the cargo area, so that doesn't travel with us now unless I have a reason to restrain luggage and the like.

My beef is with Ford deciding to cease importing the car -- and might even stop manufacturing as they are concentrating on SUV type vehicles, so I guess my next car will not be a Ford.

Yes there have been some transmission problems in a few vehicles, but ours has not shown any sign of trouble and isn't the box that was fitted to Focus(?) vehicles that got Ford such a bad reputation.

I'm not going to say buy one, that is your decision to make, but the chances are you will be happy if you do.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: