View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #3462
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: All things Solar (merged threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Nah....you can install an off grid system connected to the grid by having a battery charger connected to the grid charging the batteries...grid goes down...battery charger stops charging....batteries not connected to grid so no compliance issues.

Think of it as having a battery charger connected to your car battery...when the grid goes down do you have to do anything?

On a state of the art SMA Sunny Island system you can connect the grid to the generator input of the inverter and the grid operator doesn't need to know a damn thing....but of course there is no grid feed....
firstly if you read the whole of what i typed and what i quoted youd see we were only talking bout grid connected setups
and secondly well plain you wouldnt need this caveat you quoted me on as with off grid as there is no way it could charge from the grid

yes i know all about off grid systems and still chose this route with my current circumstances , i was just answering the question asked

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote