View Single Post
Old 18-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #3454
zilo
BANNED

Default Re: All things Solar (merged threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Our distributor requires this test be conducted by the PV owner at least every year, to confirm it is working.

I still think you'd be in a world of grief if you failed to inform your distributor that you had a mains feed PV system and didn't declare it, should your PV system fail to anti-island in the event of a grid shut down for maintenance work.

Not something I'd recommend anyone do (not register your system with your distributor).
Ahhh...Mr FG falcon....

If your smart meter isnt "coded" for grid feeding you will not grid feed, you will merely reduce in house self consumption, but hey mate...thanks for the advice...

( the point i was making was that it ain't rocket science...an inverter is just another appliance with a 240v connection)

The guy who installed my 2kw system a few years back was around 30 years old and had 6 investment properties in Melbourne...gotta love govt rebates they hide the profit margin nicely....not a bad gig for a sparky with a Nimbin hippidity dippidy CEC membership.

As for everyone doing an islanding test every year...no problems...you can be guaranteed at least one street failure every year with privatisation of the networks....so everyone does a "test" by default...some many many times a year especially over summer...

AFF takes no responsibility for any advice given on these forums. AFF highly recommends that you use your common sense and employ a licensed electrician for any type of electrical work particularly installing solar panels.

Last edited by zilo; 18-05-2020 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added the red text...red is my favorite colour.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: