View Single Post
Old 20-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #52
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Fuel Prices Could Fall Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
I'm not phoning around to get the best deal, or driving around either.

To some people a $30 or $40 saving is being "precious" to others like me who run a company fleet of several cars, all of which fill up several times a week it amounts to many $100 saving per week ?

Luckily in NSW we have a government administered website called fuelcheck.nsw.gov.au where you can check out all the servos in your area (or right across Sydney if you want) get the prices instantly. No phoning, no driving.

I'm not the type of guy who drives across town to save $2 or $3 but when you're talking $40 (or $100s in my case) it's a different story. If you knew me you would find I'm far from "precious".

Dr Terry
Precious comment wasnt directed at you, you just have to read some of the threads here to see how people are blowing up.

Tired of people blaming corporate's when they have the choice not to engage with them.

If a couple of servo's are out of line the market will make sure they change suit pretty quick.

People are quick to get angry about Gov control but when it hits them personally all of a sudden there should be investigations and crack downs.

Its a bit much to expect servo's to vary prices on crude oil and AUD at a drop of the hat...imagine if every industry or good was subjected to the same scrutiny.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: