View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 01:38 AM   #370
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

It's funny, the other thread I had referenced a while back (on a different forum) turned solely to sat-nat cheats and died. If you're not confident, you may break your unit, and I don't want to be part of that. Sorry. I would say though, I had heard of Mike Oldfield's story when I was a teen... a long time ago... Tubular, though it might have been a lost story here.

The stereo and mono SWSA libraries here though do switch off the SD card device's clock (oh yeah, audio should mess with other devices ??? - nice one SWSA!!! You idiots). Some sort of after thought, I guess. Save power - etc. Easiest way, sort of thing.

So after hacking those two libraries, I can boot all the factory packages off SD - but it doesn't survive a sleep-wake cycle. The test for SD card-ready doesn't consider the time in a sleep (a SWSA special condition) which I'm still working on... The QNX provided libs don't seem to have a way to inform them more time has passed (clocks stop while sleeping) so they don't ask if the SD card is still present (which happens after non-access in relatively short periods normally). If I can get that working after a sleep-wake cycle then I think the SD card may be a reliable peripheral - which it isn't at the moment.

Working on it...
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote