View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #104
Greane01

Default Re: Quick question re: DRL's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126
So we changed around the wiring assuming the yellow and blue were around the wrong way. But not, the DRL's did not work.

I have put the wiring back to they way it was supposed to be and also used Pin10 as described above. All works, however DRL's are still stuck in the "dim" mode with only 70% light output.

In fact for Daytime Running Lights, you can hardly see them during the day with the sun etc.

So the only thing I can think of is the relay must be faulty and it is stuck in a open / closed position thus not allowing the DRL's to increase intensity to 100%, then dim back to 70% when headlights are on.

Does anyone have the relays in a position that they could take a picture of the specs (diagram) on top of the realy so I can source some replacements.

I have had the car in pieces so many time this weekend, plus my relay is burried under the fron cross member.

I just thought if somone else had the relay diagram handy, I could grab them before I ri the car apart again.

Glenn
Hey Glenn - just wondering if you have ever been able to get 100% brightness? The test we did was to connect the red (fused) wire to the battery positive, connect the black to earth, and then touch the yellow wire to the battery positive: this gave us 100% brightness - while still holding the yellow on the battery positive, we then touched the blue to battery positive and they dimmed. For you, it will probably be the other way around...

Either way you should hear the relays 'click' when you switch the DRLs on and another 'click' when you activate the relay to dim the lights. One thing I just thought of though: have you confirmed you actually have two relays in your harness? If you look at the photo from my previous post (below) you can see that there are definitely two relay boxes in the harness (although it is possible to get two relays into one box!)
The relay to dim the DRLs will also have some kind of resistor to reduce power (I assume that's how it works)...

After you have tried the above, and they still don't change brightness, it might be worth emailing the seller to ensure they are actually designed to dim?

Last edited by Greane01; 09-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Greane01 is offline   Reply With Quote