Old 30-03-2015, 11:21 AM   #47
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post
Thanks for sharing.

A few things ring true here for me also, hence my question earlier in the thread, of "how do you know when you are cross that line".

I just don't know if I'm just getting overloaded with things in my life right now, or if it that these things are just not making me happy any more. Hard to say. Maybe my life is just too complicated and cluttered right now.
I can relate to nearly everything GTO132 has written except for a different background story. I was like you, just thought I was over stretched in the work life balance stakes. That was until I had my first anxiety attack, trapped a nerve in my neck making the right hand side of my body numb. In my head I was having a stroke! Silly when I look back, but at the time very scary and real. I opted for counselling over a pysch, not saying one is better, just my preference at the time. I had quite a few sessions, learnt how to recognise when the anxiety was coming on, how to deal with it and I re prioritised my life.
Maybe an option for you to seek some expert advice before it gets to that stage, once you have an attack you then become anxious its going to happen again, creating a vicious circle.
Good luck with what ever choice you make, I talk about what happened to me with friends and was amazed at how many of them later admit they have had similar experiences. Really common, just needs to be spoken about more openly.
Ross 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: