Thread: Barra in the US
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 08:11 PM   #8
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Default Re: Barra in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
Tell that to the Australian motoring journalists (I use that word with caution), who use to continually bag the Ford Barra. Fairfax media was the worst in bagging the Barra (and Ford in general), and Toby Hagon use to pop up quite a bit with his negative comments as well. The so called journalists always wanted something aluminium and V6.

Just because a motor is stout, in-line six, and has a heritage does not mean it is a bad donk.

Anyway, that is all water under the bridge now ....

EDIT: I use to enjoy giving my old Territory wide open throttle when going down the on-ramp to the freeway. It was as smooth as, and felt like an aircraft running down the runway for takeoff (just not as noisy).
Exactly. But check out the GM Alloytec, now considered a joke in the aftermarket and even amongst those looking for a reliable cheap car. Timing chains anyone?

I’ve never technically had a Barra, but I’ve loved all my SOHC powered cars. I love the lazy way they drive, and how if you even breathe on the accelerator pedal there is such a rush of torque. Even the fuel consumption ain’t that bad on the highway (which is where I rack up the K’s).
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: