View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #88
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 
Default Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

Hey guys im after a little help
Im currently a 4th year auto electrician, im due to finnish my apprenticeship late feb next year. Im really keen to get a job in the mines but im finding it hard as most companys require mining experience. I really really want some mine work as i want to buy a house.

In my current job i have alot of exerience in heavy machinary and passanger cars. I live in tumut where the timber industry is massive, meaning day in day out im fixing a large variety of log trucks, loaders, harvesters, fork lifts, booms, sizzor lifts ect ect
Being the biggest auto elec in the area also means i have alot of experience diagnosing and repairing difficult faults in cars, motor bikes, planes and even gophers lol
Over the last year i had the incredible chance to wire up (from scratch) a number of jet boats and rare hotrods.

Im passionate about my job and i love it, i work 11 to 16 hours a day 5 days a week and own a large tool collection. I dont mind working ling hard hours and will usually stay back late at work untill i finnish the job im doing.

Im serious about getting into the mining industry and would love any assistace anybody could offer, even if its a few weeks of unpaid work experience
XARATE is offline   Reply With Quote