View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #117
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanrz
LOL. You worked at Westrac? Remember, Kerry Stokes is paying your paypacket.
Have a mate that I worked with here in Vic, who is/was working for Westrac in Newman.

Bucyrus I know of, not sure about O&K. Unless it's joint venture (buyout package).
Long story short, O&K was "absorbed" by Terex years ago in Australia,Unit Rig name slowly vanished off the electric drive trucks. These trucks became Terex MT Series of trucks. ie MT 33OO MT 440O & a prototype MT6300 electric drive truck. These trucks are used @ Syncrude Canada & Sino Iron Ore in the Pilbara. Around 12ish months ago Bucyrus (of drag line fame ) purchased Terex Heavy Mining Gear. The deal included all the trucks & shovels & excavators. Just recently CAT pounced & purchased all the Bucyrus Operations world wide, CAT,now have what they wanted, access to O&K's Tripower System & a proven competitor to Komatsu's Electric drive trucks. From what I'm hearing, your local friendly Cat Dealer in each state, will be selling servicing & repairing O&K Shovels as well, the hot gossip is the O&K name will now disappear as well.
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote