PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Buying new car.. Build date

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobiXR6T View Post
What would you do?

2 offers on the table.

One Vehicle has a build date Jan 2020, but requires some logistics and coin to get delivered.
The other has build date Nov 2019, but comes with metallic paint that the misso is keen on, and is locally available.

First one will cost about $650 more once transport is factored. The other with metallic paint which is an optional extra valued at $540. So we're splittin hairs..

Obviously if we were going to trade, like for like the newer the build date the better. But surely we can negotiate that down the track too. Or in x amount of years time, will maintenance history and general condition be more important than build date? Bloody tough one. Think of the future or support local business and keep the missus happy!

Opinions welcome.
I'm going off 15 years experience of selling cars, though I have been out of the business for over 10 years now.

First of all, yeah, as others have said, keep the missus happy. For the next how many years you want to be driving around in the car that you want, not the build plate you want. Think of it like this, are you going to be driving down the road in 2 years time thinking, "Gee I hate this car, and the Missus hates me, but hey, thank God I bought the 2020 built plate model."

In terms of trade-in time the build plates will affect it, even more so comparing a 2019 to a 2020. In the mind of the next buyer it will be not only a year older but also built in the previous decade and not the current decade.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote