View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 02:01 PM   #3046
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I did the lower/under headlight intake doodle to my bf fairy a couple days back. I had the part, but had been sitting on my hands for a bit to do it. I had searched the forum and got good info, but was still on the fence as to whether i buy a different lower airbox incase i stuff it up. But i googled the youtubes, and the bloke from motoringbox has a video, he uses basic as tools but gives good measurements. So with a combo of info from here and there, i got it done in about 15 minutes. It took me longer to find a 5c coin to mark the radius for the corners then to actually do the job. So i used slightly different tools. And did a proper job. So what i used was, a metal ruler, 5c coin and a pencil to measure and mark. A drill and 20mm holesaw to radius the corners, took the blade out of my hacksaw for the straight cuts, and a stanly knife to de bur the plastic. Fits perfect. Looks like its meant to be there, not like a dodgy home job. I havent put enough kays on the car to notice a difference yet. Intake noise wise i wont as the car has an exhaust, but maybe it will do something for fuel economy, not that its that bad, but the other intake stuff the car has made minor improvements. Its no race car, nor will it ever but it still drives nice and sounds not terrible. Or atleast, 1000 times better then some other 6 cylinder cars out there.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: