View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #33
ConradP

Default Re: Time to mod my LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
It can probably be cut slightly and have the pipe raised a bit but you wouldn't really be able to raise it much and then there's the issue of the width of the tip you choose to have fitted and the heat from it melting into the bar. You might be able to fit dual pipes on it but you wouldn't gain anything from it performance wise and they would need to be fairly close together in the centre of the bar and might look a bit odd. I considered doing similar earlier but decided against it.
Yeah seems i'll just stick to the standard single pipe sticking out cheers for all the info!

Quote:
As far as the plastic screws on that cover are concerned try using a small flat screwdriver (a jewellers screwdriver is best) and gently prize up under the head of the screw as you unscrew it. I'm pretty sure you'll find they have a plastic clip in base that they screw into, when you refit them the plastic screw should be unscrewed all the way so the base part fits back in the hole then the just press in the screw with your thumb, they usually make a clicking sound as you press them in.
Finally got it, i was trying to ply it up with a flathead and it just wouldn't come up, managed to get the flathead under the entire screw with the clip bit and force it up there, so lifted up what i could of the cover and yeah, got it out went for a little drive to kinglake to see the difference, there's something there but not much, can't wait for the new intake!