View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #1415
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"
Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

I agree with comments about a more active life should be a lifestyle thing rather than a one off goal (wedding, etc). After almost eight years I'm far healthier than I used to be, resting heart beat is great, BMI is okayish (mainly muscle?) and my outlook on life is better. If you had've told me 10 years ago that I'd be doing this stuff I wouldn't have believed you. My only regret is that I didn't try to make these changes years ago. Congrats to all those who have made changes and to those struggling to make it.

IMO variety is one of the keys so that you don't get too bored doing the same stuff. A nice mix of cardio and weights. And guys don't miss out on things like pilates and yoga it does wonders for your flexibility, I'm crap at it but I'd be in a world of trouble without it. There are some good sorts doing it as well and they are remarkably easy to talk with (oh, to be young again).

MWTB - did you ever get along to Muay Thai? You'd be in better shape for it now (stamina, fitter, etc). With some of the MMA stuff that I do there are so many crossovers to car racing (other than it being massive fun) - it's not about aiming brutal amounts of power in a vague direction. It's more to do with timing and applying the right amount of force in exactly the right spot to make things go where they don't normally want to go (so much timing, getting footwork right, body placement, shifts, feigns and baits too. A girl I know describes karate as "dancing for boys")
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ

Last edited by Rev28K; 06-02-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote