View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #20
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: July Vfacts. Ford 3rd again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Honda is now lost in a sea of simply better competition, their once loyal customer base has well and truly
moved on. Not meaning to completely dismiss Chinese sales, I just see the figures as a bit distorted when
so many other brands are currently stifled by poor supply, Chinese sales are growing but still not as much
as folks think. Tenth position on sales ladder just means that MGZ is on a long tail of comparatively low
sales spread out amongst many brands.

Another good sales month for Everest, imagine sales with new body and V6 diesel.
For the Chinese Sales thing, I think your bang on.. I saw a report that there was a ship with 4000 odd MG's on it that arrived and Chinese car co's are making there own semiconducors. It seems MG and the like are one of the few that don't seem to be having stock issues at the moment, unlike everyone else, which helps with numbers. Not to mention, if you needed a new car, and didnt care too much about being a brand snob, but could get an MG Tomorrow, versus a 6 month wait for the equivelant Hyundai/Kia/etc what would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
So the same engine they were using in the Civic when I was a first year apprentice 11 years ago

I wonder if the CRV is still using the K series 4 cylinder that appeared in the late 1990s.

The last good car Honda sold was the 2nd generation Accord Euro.
Thankfully the K Series that was in the CRV (K24) is no more. When the current CRV was released 4-5 years ago the very base one got the 2 litre N/A and the rest got a 1.5 Turbo 4 cyl.

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote