View Single Post
Old 17-02-2016, 09:41 PM   #22
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Forgive me for not reading the whole thread but I thought I'd make a contribution in case it helps.
On the topic above....Serotonin(your brains happy drug)......there is a natural liquid called "5HTP" that acts like an antidepressant! Half my wife's family now use it and boy o boy does it work....it's what your body uses(an amino acid) naturally to make Serotonin which is basically the happy chemicals in your brain.
Any natural therapist can get this for anyone. Let your body help and fix itself!

Has anyone ever looked at the side effects of today's prescription depression drugs terrible terrible terrible. Most would be better off without that junk(no judgement tho)
St. John's Wort is also a great natural alternative, I recommend it to all my clients who can't or don't want to go down the pharmaceutical pathway. It's very affordable, with a bottle that will last about a month costing $10-$15 from the chemist. A small number of studies have suggested it is even more effective than synthetic antidepressants - the jury is still out on that one I think, but it's effective enough that you shouldn't take it whilst also taking synthetic antidepressants.