View Single Post
Old 29-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #89
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
They just don’t understand how important REGULAR pruning and clipping is for topiary. One fortnightly client of mine would want me to paint or run errands for her instead of gardening, I would only get to the ficus spheres in winter when the frosts made them look like crap until spring. No more, I put my foot down, it’s only tightly clipped buxus, ficus and Lilly Pilly now.
I used to garden for a little old Greek lady who could barely speak English, although she did manage to master saying "you busy today" and "CUT CUT". She kept me on my toes.

Regarding Pruning, most plants will respond well to a heavy prune however most people are scared they will kill the plant. I always love the reaction when people see me pruning roses. My technique of winter rose pruning is extremely hard, the harder you cut, the harder they will respond with new growth in spring.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: